Uncover the skills you need to write clear, effective reports that your audience will want to read. Report Writing will help anyone who writes business reports of any kind, from project updates to board reports, and longer reports like policy development. Scroll down for more details.
You will discover the essential parts of the writing process, and how to streamline the way you write. You'll also learn how to think about and analyse your writing so that you fully inform your reader.
This workshop is interactive, practical, and fun. We'll focus on what works and share our ideas and experience. You’ll bring a report from your workplace, work on it confidentially, and use our techniques to make it more effective.
It’s helpful if you’ve done some Business Writing training before attending this workshop. You could start with our Business Writing workshop — Writing Effectively for Business
In this one-day workshop you’ll cover how to:
• identify the purpose of your report — why you need to write the report, why the intended audience needs to read it, and what the audience needs to do with it
• decide what to include and what to leave out, so you don’t leave your reader with questions
• organise your report so information flows logically and is easy to follow
• write the essential sections — the framework for your report
• choose the best method for presenting your report.
‘This course taught me how to clearly structure reports, create clear purpose statements, and writing from the readers perspective.’
Karen Lavin, PCE
‘I found the Report Writing workshop to be very useful. I came in with a report I was quite proud of, and left with at least 10 things I could do to make it even better.’
Chris Hanlon, Telecom NZ
‘If I implement half of what I've learned today, my credibility as an advisor will rise through the roof!’
Leanne Brownie, Ministry of Justice
You can have Report Writing course customised for your organisation. Contact us to talk about your training needs.