Our mission and values
Our mission is to help organisations and individuals get more value from their daily investment in business communication.
When we fulfil our mission, we help build a fairer, more respectful society. A society where people can communicate their ideas clearly, and find the information they need.
We use the power of words for good
Our tagline is ‘Using the power of words for good’.
We know that words have power. Whether you’re trying to persuade, inform, or ask something — of one person or a whole nation — words are your most powerful tool. So we believe in using words for good. We look for clients who believe that too.
We’re proud to be a Certified B Corp
B Corp businesses balance purpose and profit, and we’re excited that we’ve achieved B Corp Certification.
We’ve joined a group of like-minded organisations that believe in using business — including their words — for good.
Find out more about Certified B Corporations on the B Corp Australia and New Zealand website
Meet other B Corps in New Zealand and Australia
Read our Ring the Bell blog on the B Corp website
Our values add value for clients
When you work with us, you’ll see that our values make a difference.
- Insight. We listen, and give discerning and thoughtful advice.
- Expertise. We use our skills and experience for good, and deliver results.
- Care. We actively care about our clients, and each other.
- Integrity. We are uncompromisingly honest, sincere, and trustworthy.
- Energy. We are fully engaged and present; we focus on solutions and impact.
We support clear communication at home and abroad
We’re enthusiastic members of these professional associations.
Plain language in New Zealand — and internationally
Training and development in New Zealand
Good business practice in New Zealand
We give back through volunteer work and by donating
Our staff volunteer in the community as individuals, and as representatives of Write.
We regularly donate to three charities:
- Kiva, an international non-profit organisation that makes crowdfunded loans to underserved people in need.
- The Wellington City Mission, a charitable trust that has helped those most in need in the Wellington region for over 100 years.
- LifeFlight, a charity that provides 24/7 emergency air services.