Understand and apply practical techniques for creating clear, error-free documents. Learn about the editing and proofreading processes, and how they differ. If you write documents for government or business, the skills you gain from this workshop ensure your documents are credible and professional. Scroll down for more details.
We can schedule this course for you — contact us to learn more
Register your interest now
A successful document is one that readers understand immediately and take seriously. All writers want their documents to have this effect, because the alternative can be costly to reputation — and business results.
Editing and proofreading are critical parts of the writing process. They’re integral to helping a document achieve a high level of credibility. And they ensure outsiders regard your organisation as professional.
Anyone who writes documents for government or business needs this workshop.
‘Certainly gets the brain cells going. You suddenly realise how much there is to think about when you are editing and proofreading. This is an excellent course.’
Marica Sevelj, Wellington City Council
‘So worthwhile it should be compulsory in-house!’
Morgan Barr, New Zealand Qualifications Authority
• Understand the difference between editing and proofreading
• Identify the types of changes editors make
• Examine the purpose, desired outcome, and audience of your document
• Edit from the general (structure) to the specific (word choice)
• Ensure style, tone, and format are consistent
• Understand where editing finishes and proofreading begins
• Discover practical techniques to help you proofread successfully
• Practise proofreading in stages
• Learn how to use your computer to help you proofread
• Find out how to create a style sheet
• Start to use proofreading symbols
• Identify common errors that proofreaders make
We can customise this workshop for your team. Contact us to talk about your training needs.
If you write documents for government or business, you need this workshop!
If you edit other people’s content, come on our Editing workshop.