The right picture, with the Write words
Infographics will be hotter than ever in 2017, says PR Daily, an online magazine.
Why? Pr Daily says:
- They’re data-driven. New technology allows us to harness more data, and infographics allow us to simplify those numbers for audiences.
- They’re visual. Millennial audiences are drawn to visual content — it’s a major reason Snapchat and Instagram are so popular.
- They’re easy to share. You wouldn’t post a research report on Pinterest, but you would share an infographic.
Good infographics help you get your message to your audience quicker. Image by Killer Infographics / CC BY 2.0
We’re talking, of course, about good infographics. Poor infographics are an abomination.
Here are the five mistakes that ruin a good infographic.
- The story rambles and doesn’t lead to a definitive conclusion.
- The infographic uses too many words.
- The pictures don’t visually summarise the information; they are just random illustrations.
- The infographic’s sources and facts are unclear, irrelevant, or even downright wrong.
- The infographic does not guide the reader’s eye through the data.
Learn how to do infographics well
Infographics: Telling stories with pictures teaches you when to use an infographic and how to commission an effective one.