Plain language audit
Does the standard of writing at your place support your strategic objectives?
In a plain language audit, we assess a range of documents from across your organisation. We check your content against plain language principles. We find out if your content meets your purpose and reflects your brand.
Our ‘Discovery’ process yields insights from your stakeholders and writers. You get a wide view of writing production and quality at your place.
Use an audit to:
- find out how well your written communication supports your strategic objectives
- set a benchmark to measure progress if you are doing writing training or changing your writing culture
- identify specific problem areas or document types, so you can better target solutions
- discover what’s working well, so you know to keep doing it
- measure whether your government agency meets the Plain Language Act 2022, so you can report to the Public Service Commissioner.
What you get from a plain language audit
- Your documents reviewed against the Write Plain Language Standard
- A summary report that identifies areas of writing strength and weakness across your organisation
- Insights about the quality and effectiveness of your writing
- A benchmark for measuring progress
- A presentation of audit results and recommendations to key managers
- Recommendations you can act on immediately
Book an audit or find out more